Por Amor Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Por Amor Forums

Fan Forums Dedicated To Victoria Beckham

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiraz
Administrator
Shiraz

Female Number of posts : 5431
Registration date : 2006-11-05

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Empty
PostSubject: Fashion Book : that extra half an inch   Fashion Book : that extra half an inch EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 7:20 pm

Victoria grateful to the fans who went to the signing :

The lovely message of "Thank you" Victoria e-mailed to the fans :

Hi all,

Thanks so much for all your support yesterday, I was overwhelmed by how many of you came to my book signing and particularly those that travelled from far afield to meet me. I had also heard that some people had been queuing since 6am which is absolutely amazing and is much appreciated. You all made the day very special for me, I hope you enjoy the book and have as much fun reading it as I had writing it.

Love,

Victoria
xx

Awww.

A lucky fan met Posh at shopping & had her book signed :

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Lucky

That Extra Half An Inch Outsells The Da Vinci Code :

Quote :
    Victoria “Posh Spice” Beckham was thrilled to discover her fashion book That Extra Half An Inch: Heels And Everything In Between outsold Dan Brown’s award-winning The Da Vinci Code - even if it was only in Lithuania. Victoria was stunned to find it was so popular in the Baltic nation.

I mean we only got about two pence (profit) and Lithuania is about as big as that coffee table, isn’t it? But at least we beat The Da Vinci Code."

Promotions done for the book :

Jo's very special guest was Victoria Beckham. Victoria gave us fashion advice, told us about her life at home in Spain and we played a changing track for her and David :

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Johz4.th

Guest on Radio 2 :

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch R21cm3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch R22lv2.th

Screen caps from the GMTV interview Victoria did with Fiona Phillips where she talks about her favorite outfits of the past year, doing some retail therapy, and what happened the moment David lost the England captaincy :

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv1ak2.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv2le4.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv3ck6.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv4pa7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv5vt8.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv6ol5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv7yr0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv8wu8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv9yl5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv10gx4.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv11jf7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv12ny4.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv13cr8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv14rj7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv15xz1.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv16ji1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv17ju8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv18xm8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv19yk0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv20vv3.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv21em8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv22oy5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv23mb3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv24qc6.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv25kw0.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv26rm8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv27wb0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv28se4.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv29uv8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv30vf2.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv31uh4.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gmtv32qe5.th
    Back to top Go down
    Shiraz
    Administrator
    Shiraz

PostSubject: Re: Fashion Book : that extra half an inch   Fashion Book : that extra half an inch EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 7:20 pm

Screen caps I made from the other part of the GMTV interview. And for people who are interested, it was filmed on october 11th, oh and her dress is Stella McCartney.

Description : GMTV, ITV1 Fiona Phillips is in Madrid interviewing Victoria Beckham while they are shopping. They are talking about fashion but also about growing old, Victoria is not worried, she is looking forward to grow old with David.

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm2xz3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm1ex5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm3oe1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm4ur3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm5ez3.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm6ja8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm7bh0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm8nk9.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm9jz7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm10vu7.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm11eb7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm12no2.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm13gi1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm14nq1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm15lg6.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm16in9.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm17fu5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm18my4.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm19no3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm20sa6.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm21ko5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm22bo5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm23uv7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm24ot8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm25yn7.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm26uu4.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm27ws6.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm28xv1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm29ye1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm30jy2.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm31hf5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm32re8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm33zi9.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm34hq8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm35if7.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm36jx8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm37kt6.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm38zp6.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm39am8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm40vg8.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm41fk2.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm42tm4.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm43zc8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm44jo5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm45yd2.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm46cj8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm47ns0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm48ll4.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm49rn7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm50gh2.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm51xe9.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm52gq7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm53lq9.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm54ji4.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm55kv8.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm56re3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm57ao6.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm58bo3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm59kg7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm60ae2.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm61br1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Gm62re1.th

Some bigger screen caps :

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap1vs1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap2zu7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap3tu0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap4ry5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap5ct1.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap6yg7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap7rb5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap8dy8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap9rs3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap10mt5.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap11eq6.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap12wa7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap13jj0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Cap14sv6.th

Screen caps from the Interview she did with Johnny Vaughn :

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Jvui1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv1eo3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv2mj4.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv3uk3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv4ct1.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv5pe0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv6eo7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv7lg3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv8ok5.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv9pn6.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv10uh1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv11wn4.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv12qt1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv13cp9.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv14do1.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv15ru6.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv16ls1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv17au8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv18ws2.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv19yv0.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv20wr2.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv21ub6.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv22wf1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv23pa9.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv24da2.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv25cr8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv26ys0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv27lm8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv28jh1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv29oo2.th

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv30xb8.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv31ti2.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv32vc9.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Jv33vx1.th

Pix from the book :

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Wowkh3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Tehaizq9.th
    Back to top Go down
    Shiraz
    Administrator
    Shiraz

PostSubject: Re: Fashion Book : that extra half an inch   Fashion Book : that extra half an inch EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 7:21 pm

Caroline wrote:
    Finally Exclamation I'm so happy!!! Nothing new, but it's great to have these pictures not in my computer, but in the mag))) It says that we (in Russia) can buy her book from amazon.com, I'm going to order it now, because I think there is no point in waiting it in our shops ...

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch H1dm7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch H2on1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch H3xm2.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch H4wj0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch H5rb7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch H6rn6.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch H7zu2.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch H8sp7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch H9kt1.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch H10so3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch H11dh7.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch H12uj0.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch H13na7.th

Extracts from That Extra Half An Inch :

A sneak peek from "That Extra Half an Inch," Victoria Beckham's style guide published in Britain last year. Plans are underway for a U.S. release. But for now, put up your "Party Feet" and listen up.

--

Looking effortless is actually fashion code for "this involved lots of thought" and it's a tragic truth that this generally is the best strategy.

--

However you're built, be mindful of the rule that if you get your boobs out, put your legs away and vice versa. I guarantee you will look better and feel a lot more confident and comfortable.

--

The most useful (shoe) you can possibly own is a pair of tan high-heeled shoes, with either pointed toe or open toe. Not only do they elongate your leg, because it looks as if you're not wearing shoes at all, but they will go with pretty much any outfit and dress it up.

--

I am a real high-heels girl….[and] the price of wearing high heels is a painful one. But you can now buy Party Feet by Scholl, which act like invisible pillows beneath the balls of your feet.

--

Make sure [cropped trousers] end about three-quarters of the way down your calf, just at the point where it starts to narrow towards your ankle. This is the most flattering cut-off point on your leg: any higher and it ends at the widest part of your calf, and your legs will look like sausages, any lower and it will just look like you shrunk your trousers in the wash.

--

I always make sure my jeans have a bit of stretch to them (but not too much that they bag), are narrow around the leg and give shape to the bottom instead of squashing it down. If you're quite curvy with hips and a bum, Miss Sixty is the label you want. Whereas if you have more of a straight up and down build, go for Habitual, Grass Los Angeles or Acne.

--

The most important thing to remember if you're wearing a dress that won't let you wear a bra, such as one with a low back or, in particular, a deep-plunge front, is to make sure you have lots of toupee tape to keep everything in place. Don't bother with [nipple tape] … go to a proper wig shop and get the real stuff as it's much tougher and nothing will go anywhere when you've got that on. Word of warning though: be careful when you take it off that you don't rip a nipple off too!

--

One of the things Geri [Halliwell] taught me when we were in the Spice Girls was that just before you get out of the shower, you should turn the temperature down and get a blast of freezing-cold water. It makes your skin look really taut and smooth too and is great for the circulation, but it is not very pleasant, I have to say.

--

Personally, I won't go anywhere without my hair straighteners, my Mason Pearson hairbrush, my rollers and hairpins, a small makeup bag, toothbrush and toothpaste, Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream and eye cream…. If I'm going for a week, I'll bring three pairs of jeans. Then I try to stick to the formula of bringing something casual (plain T-shirt), something a bit more rock 'n' roll (vintage T-shirts and minidresses or miniskirts), something classic (nice V-necks, a pencil skirt and a plain dress) and then something a bit more out there for some fun. For example … a pair of leather chaps that I took to L.A. last year.

--

I just throw on the Chanel sunglasses, which really do, as the fashion magazines say, hide a multitude of sins.

Quotes from TEHAI :

Victoria on what it takes to look fabulous like her: "Whether you've got £20 to spend in Top Shop or £2,000 to spend at Gucci, looking good isn't about money, it's about style - and style never goes out of fashion."

Victoria on who she credits as her style icon: "To my mum - my first fashion guru who taught me how to sew, showed me how clothes should fit and told me never to wear horizontal stripes and never to eat beetroot because it stains. Most importantly she taught me how to enjoy being a girl."

Victoria on wearing skinny jeans and flat shoes: "....you end up looking like a golf club."

Victoria on wedges: "Some wedges look great but you can look like your feet are encased in cement."

July 23rd, 2007 Press

Times Colonist "Canada"

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Timesj23rd2007aun0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Timesj23rd2007biy0.th

Red Eye Chicago "USA"

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Rechicagojuly23rd2007clv2.th
    Back to top Go down
    Shiraz
    Administrator
    Shiraz

PostSubject: Re: Fashion Book : that extra half an inch   Fashion Book : that extra half an inch EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 7:25 pm

New Update from dvbstyle.com

Monday, 03 September 2007
    That Extra Half an Inch in Paperback

Following the huge success of Victoria's best selling hard back 'That Extra Half an Inch,' (published by Penguin), a new conveniently handbag sized edition is available in all good book shops from Thursday, September 6th (November in the US). The paperback version also includes exclusive never seen before photography and updated shopping tips! Order your copy now! Visit the Penguin website and Amazon

New cover for 'That Extra Half An Inch' (paper back edition)

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Tehaibr1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Bellehd6.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Dmirrorjune18th2007vd1.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch Tehaipaperbackeditionmd3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch 18kk4.th

Press :

From the New York Post 'USA' (August 17th, 2007 issue)

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Nypaugust17th2007amt5

Red Eye Chicago 'USA' (17/08/2007)

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Red1yv3.th

La Prensa Grafica 'El Salvador' (17/08/2007)

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch 17082007axb8.th

Nuestro Diario 'Guatemala' (17/08/2007) (Big picture)

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Guat2007bq5.th

New York Post (USA) 'October 18th, 2007 Issue'

HQ scans of 2 pages about "That Extra Half An Inch : Hair, Heels and Everything in Between." as it's out on the USA on November 1st, 2007;

(click to enlarge)

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_28772_New_York_Postoctober18th2007a_122_893lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_28816_New_York_Postoctober18th2007b_122_653lo

~poshbecks~ wrote:
    some new pix from the book its not that good cos i'm crap wiv digital stuff..... this is not all but i've been banned from using the computer for a while (for personal reasons) so this is wat i can upload Sad
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch P1010247jj2.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch P1010248bm0.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch P1010251vp3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch P1010252mz9.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch P1010253tf1.th
    Fashion Book : that extra half an inch P1010255vc3.thFashion Book : that extra half an inch P1010256ix9.th

poshigirl wrote:
    Adds:

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_03858_TIHI008_122_82lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_03860_TIHI009_122_422lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_03864_TIHIvic001_122_865lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_03872_TIHIvic002_122_69lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_03974_TIHIvic003_122_943lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_03980_TIHIvic004_122_893lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_04003_TIHIvic005_122_665lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_04010_TIHIvic006_122_543lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_04021_TIHIvic007_122_955lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_04097_TIHIvic09_122_1182lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_04102_TIHIvic010_122_1105lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_04113_TIHIvic011_122_710lo Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_04119_TIHIvic012_122_614loFashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_53476_tihivicww2_122_190lo

Update on dvbstyle.com

Tuesday, 30 October 2007

That Extra Half An Inch released in US

The paperback version of That Extra Half An Inch is released this week (Thursday November 1st) in the US. It's got plenty of exclusive fashion and shopping tips plus never seen before photography. Bag your copy at Amazon.com

The Detroit News newspaper, USA (November 2nd, 2007 Issue)

HQ Scan :

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Th_26987_TDNewsNovember2nd2007_122_39lo

The same article online : http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071102/ENT09/711020372/1402/ENT09
    Back to top Go down
    extremely_posh
    Star
    Star
    extremely_posh

Female Number of posts : 1265
    Registration date : 2007-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Fashion Book : that extra half an inch   Fashion Book : that extra half an inch EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 8:14 pm

Awesome post!
    Thanks Shiraz!
    Back to top Go down
    Shiraz
    Administrator
    Shiraz

PostSubject: Re: Fashion Book : that extra half an inch   Fashion Book : that extra half an inch EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 8:21 pm

Back to top Go down
    posh-diamond
    Star
    Star
    posh-diamond

Number of posts : 908
    Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: Fashion Book : that extra half an inch   Fashion Book : that extra half an inch EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 9:25 pm

thanks....which edition do you prefer the 1st or 2nd??
    Back to top Go down
    Shiraz
    Administrator
    Shiraz

PostSubject: Re: Fashion Book : that extra half an inch   Fashion Book : that extra half an inch EmptyWed Nov 07, 2007 11:54 pm

Me, I like both. She really did the best photoshoots for her books.
    Back to top Go down
    Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fashion Book : that extra half an inch   Fashion Book : that extra half an inch Empty

Back to top Go down

Fashion Book : that extra half an inch
    Page 1 of 1