Por Amor Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Por Amor Forums

Fan Forums Dedicated To Victoria Beckham

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

VB mentioned in an article about shopping addicts ....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Shiraz
Administrator
Shiraz

Female Number of posts : 5431
Registration date : 2006-11-05

VB mentioned in an article about shopping addicts .... Empty
PostSubject: VB mentioned in an article about shopping addicts ....   VB mentioned in an article about shopping addicts .... EmptySun Feb 18, 2007 8:41 pm

Is shopping your drug of choice?

Must have it, can't afford it, but still buy it? Then you have an addiction, writes Huma Qureshi.

Sunday February 18, 2007

In the space of two days, my friend spent £1,199. 'I bought a Mulberry handbag [£371] on Friday, and some amazing Bulgari sunglasses [£345] on Saturday,' she counts off her fingers. 'Oh, and I had to book a flight [£483] as well. Does that count?' Er, yes, it does.
She says she's not a shopaholic - 'I'm in control of how much I spend; I know how much is on my credit card, when to pay it off and when to stop' - even though her latest spree makes her look slightly like one. But how can you tell if you are addicted to shopping?

'Just because you like buying clothes, doesn't make you a shopping addict,' says Professor Alexander Gardner, a consumer psychologist and member of the British Psychological Association, reassuringly. 'Someone like Victoria Beckham can spend a lot, but that doesn't mean she's addicted, it just means she enjoys it - mainly because she can afford everything. Everyone gets a kick out of shopping.' True - retail therapy is the ultimate escape. A bad day translates into a new pair of shoes, while a good day justifies treating yourself 'just because'.

Quite nice. :)
Back to top Go down

VB mentioned in an article about shopping addicts ....
Page 1 of 1