Por Amor Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Por Amor Forums

Fan Forums Dedicated To Victoria Beckham

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal)

Go down 
+3
lennu
posh-diamond
Shiraz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Shiraz
Administrator
Shiraz

Female Number of posts : 5431
Registration date : 2006-11-05

New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal) Empty
PostSubject: New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal)   New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 10:06 pm

June 14th, 2007 (for Style by Sarah Cristobal )

Wherever Victoria Beckham goes, rubbernecking fans wielding camera phones follow — a phenomenon that held true for her personal appearance at Saks Fifth Avenue in New York yesterday afternoon to promote dVb, her new line of jeans and sunglasses. Prior to the pandemonium, we caught up with the surprisingly approachable former pop tart to discuss her personal couture collection, what inspires her, and why she won't be doing a runway show anytime soon.

How does it feel to be designing?

I couldn't be the best singer, dancer, actress, but I'm actually good at this. I'm fanatical about rivets and things that most people don't even pay attention to.

What do you think every girl should have in her wardrobe?

The reason that I started on denim is that every girl should have a good pair of jeans.

Do you aspire to have a fashion show one day?

I'd love to. But I'd have to come out with more than just jeans, or there would be a lot of toplessness going on.

What item do you still wear that has been in your wardrobe the longest?

A Dolce & Gabbana pinstripe corset dress that I bought when I first got together with the Spice Girls, so it's actually vintage now. And I've also got some vintage James Galanos, Claude Montana, Azzedine Alaïa, and Thierry Mugler.

With Alaïa you can't really go wrong.

He's genius. I get along very, very well with him. This year my husband took me to Paris as a surprise, and he took me to the Alaïa showroom, where I was fitted for a dress. That was great.

Have you learned anything new in the design process that you didn't know before?

How quickly you have to think ahead. I get inspiration from everywhere and everything—it's not always fabrics. I found these genius lilac trees when I was in L.A., and I took photos of them and sent them on to people. Everyone got pictures of these trees and was like, "What's going on?" You never know where you're going to get your inspiration from.
Back to top Go down
posh-diamond
Star
Star
posh-diamond

Number of posts : 908
Registration date : 2006-12-06

PostSubject: Re: New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal)   New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 10:20 pm

nice thanks...
Back to top Go down
lennu
Star
Star

Female Number of posts : 669

PostSubject: Re: New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal)   New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 10:22 pm

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Shiraz
Administrator
Shiraz

Female Number of posts : 5431

PostSubject: Re: New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal)   New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal) EmptyFri Jun 15, 2007 10:38 pm

I think she can be a great actress, I hope she'll be in some movies in the future.
Back to top Go down
*Beth23*
Star
Star
*Beth23*

Number of posts : 819
Registration date : 2007-03-29

PostSubject: Re: New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal)   New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal) EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 12:06 am

With Alaïa you can't really go wrong.
He's
genius. I get along very, very well with him. This year my husband took
me to Paris as a surprise, and he took me to the Alaïa showroom, where
I was fitted for a dress. That was great.

Wow, lucky Victoria! Best husband ever and private fittings for Alaïa! Thanks.
Back to top Go down
aimsylee
Soon to be a star
Soon to be a star
aimsylee

Female Number of posts : 285
Registration date : 2006-12-27

PostSubject: Re: New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal)   New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal) EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 9:31 am

which trip was this to paris?
Back to top Go down
grace*
Very soon to be a star
Very soon to be a star
grace*

Female Number of posts : 413
Registration date : 2007-04-17

PostSubject: Re: New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal)   New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal) EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 5:40 pm

Thanks for the article..
Back to top Go down
~poshbecks~
Very soon to be a star
Very soon to be a star

Number of posts : 456
Registration date : 2007-02-07

PostSubject: Re: New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal)   New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal) EmptySat Jun 16, 2007 10:33 pm

thanx Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal)   New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal) Empty

Back to top Go down

New Interview (by Sarah Cristobal)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Por Amor Forums :: Victoria Beckham :: VB News-
Jump to: